2019 Triumph Thruxton 1200 (Color)
Real Poise, Real Power, Real Performance
The Thruxton and Thruxton R are the real deal; the ultimate modern classic café racers. Each equipped with the 1200cc ‘Thruxton spec’ engine, these thrilling motorbikes have the handling, agility and capability to complement the beautifully imposing authentic Thruxton styling, ensuring both models have all the poise, power and performance to live up to their legendary name.
- High Specification Braking with Switchable ABS: Twin Nissin 2-piston floating caliper front brakes, and single disc Nissin 2-piston floating caliper rear brakes for control and confidence.
- High Specification Suspension: The chassis and suspension deliver sharp handling in line with its café racer looks, with KYB cartridge forks and KYB twin shocks with adjustable preload.
- High Quality Wheels & Tyres: Lightweight 17-inch aluminium wheel rims each with 32 spokes, complemented by Pirelli Angel GT’s for sporty handling, grip in all conditions and extended mileage.
- Ride-By-Wire & Riding Modes: The Thruxton’s electronic ride-by-wire system enhances throttle control, responsiveness, safety, and feel. Linked to the ride-by-wire system, the three selectable mode options Road, Rain and Sport provide the rider with greater control and safety, and with the Sport mode, an even more immediate engine throttle response.
- Switchable Traction Control: Taking advantage of the sophisticated ride-by-wire system, the Thruxton incorporates a switchable traction control system that optimises the delivery of its outstanding torque when traction is compromised. This can be switched off via the instrument menu.
- Torque Assist Clutch: Bringing a light touch and feel to the clutch control of the Thruxton, the torque assist clutch system makes the bike easier to ride, and ride longer.
- Fingertip Controls: The Thruxton switchgear presents a simple fingertip control scroll button for easy access to the key features on the motorbike‘s digital clocks.
- Twin Feature-Packed Clocks: Stylish feature-packed twin clock (speedo and rev counter) with beautiful 3D dial faces that cleverly incorporate a digital menu system accessed by a handlebar-mounted scroll button. Key features include; riding mode setting, gear position indicator, odometer, two trip settings, service indicator, range to empty, fuel level, average and current MPG, clock, and access to turn off the traction control and ABS features.
- LED DRL Headlight: A new contemporary standard, the Thruxton headlight incorporates the latest LED Daytime Running Light (DRL) delivering a distinctive signature light pattern and enhanced power efficiency for long term durability.
- LED Rear Light: The LED rear light, incorporated into the classically-inspired and stylish tail set-up, brings a distinctive rear light pattern and greater power efficiency.
- Type: Liquid cooled, 8 valve, SOHC, 270° crank angle parallel twin
- Capacity: 1200 cc
- Bore: 97.6 mm
- Stroke: 80 mm
- Compression: 11.0:1
- Max Power EC: 97Hp (72 kW) @ 6,750 rpm
- Max Torque EC: 82.6FT-lb (112Nm) @ 4,950 rpm
- System: Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection
- Exhaust: Chromed 2 into 2 exhaust system with twin chrome silencers
- Final Drive: Chain
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate assist clutch
- Gearbox: 6-speed
- Frame: Tubular steel cradle
- Swingarm: Twin-sided, aluminium
- Front Wheel: 32-spoke 17 x 3.5in, aluminium rims
- Rear Wheel: 32-spoke 17 x 5in, aluminium rims
- Front Tyre: 120/70 ZR17
- Rear Tyre: 160/60 ZR17
- Front Suspension: KYB 41mm cartidge forks, 120mm travel
- Rear Suspension: KYB twin shocks with adjustable preload, 120mm rear wheel travel
- Front Brakes: Twin 310 mm discs, Nissin 2-piston floating calipers, ABS
- Rear Brakes: Single 220 mm disc, Nissin 2-piston floating caliper, ABS
- Instrument Display and Functions: LCD multi-functional instrument pack with analogue speedometer, analogue tachometer, gear position indicator, fuel gauge, range to empty indication, service indicator, clock, trip computer, scroll and mode buttons on handlebars, heated grip ready, fuel consumption display, traction control status and throttle mode display.
- Width Handlebars: 29.3 in. (745 mm)
- Height Without Mirror: 40.5 in. (1030 mm)
- Seat Height: 31.9 in. (810 mm)
- Wheelbase: 55.7 in. (1415 mm)
- Rake: 22.7º
- Trail: 3.6 in. (90.8 mm)
- Dry Weight: 454 lb. (206 kg)
- Tank Capacity: 3.8 US gal.
- Engine Type
- 8 valve, SOHC, 270 deg. crank angle parallel twin
- 1200 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 97.6 mm x 80 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection
- Final Drive
- Front Suspension
- KYB 41mm cartidge forks, 120mm travel
- Rear Suspension
- KYB twin shocks with adjustable preload, 120mm rear wheel travel
- Front Brakes
- Twin 310 mm discs, Nissin 2-piston floating calipers, ABS
- Rear Brakes
- Single 220 mm disc, Nissin 2-piston floating caliper, ABS
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR17
- Rear Tire
- 160/60 ZR17
- 55.7 in. (1415 mm)
- Seat Height
- 31.9 in. (810 mm)
- 22.7 deg.
- 3.6 in. (90.8 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.8 US gal.
- Dry Weight
- 454 lb. (206 kg)
- Korosi Red