Sleek tailpiece lines grab the eyes with their sporting looks. 160 hp* delivered smoothly by the R power unit charm the ears with their racing accent. A track-ready chassis and perfect riding ergonomics change attraction to seduction at every effortless change in direction. 180 kg of total control enhanced by the sophisticated elegance of special R componentry.
*The power values indicated above are measured using a chassis dynamometer. Homologated power data, as quoted in the Bike Registration Document, are measured using an engine dynamometer according to the homologation regulation. The two power values may differ because of the different measurement equipments.
- Type: Testastretta 11° DS, L-Twin cylinders, 4 valve per cylinder, Desmodromic, liquid cooled
- Displacement: 1198.4cc
- Bore x Stroke: 106 x 67.9mm
- Compression ratio: 13.0:1
- Power: 117.7 kW (160 hp) @ 9,250 rpm
- Torque: 131.4 Nm (97 lb.-ft) @ 7,750 rpm
- Fuel injection: Synerject-Continental electronic fuel injection system, elliptical throttle body Ø 56 mm equivalent with full Ride-by-Wire
- Exhaust: Lightweight 2-1-2 system with catalytic converter and two lambda probes. Twin aluminium mufflers
- Gearbox: 6 speed
- Primary drive: Straight cut gears, ratio 1.84:1
- Ratio: 1=37/15 2=30/17 3=27/20 4=24/22 5=23/24 6=22/25
- Final drive: Chain; Front sprocket 15; Rear sprocket 41
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate clutch with hydraulic control. Self-servo action on drive, slipper action on over-run
- Frame: Tubular steel Trellis frame attached to the cylinder head
- Front suspension: Ohlins fully adjustable 48mm usd forks
- Front wheel: Tri-W spoke forged alloy 3.50 in. x 17 in.
- Front Tire: Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP 120/70 ZR17
- Rear suspension: Progressive linkage with fully adjustable Öhlins monoshock. Aluminium single-sided swingarm
- Rear wheel: Tri-W spoke forged alloy 6.00 in. x 17 in.
- Rear Tire: Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP 200/55 ZR17
- Front wheel travel: 130mm (5.1 in.)
- Rear wheel travel: 159mm (6.2 in.)
- Front brake: 2 x 330 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo Monobloc evo M50 4-piston callipers, radial pump with ABS as standard
- Rear brake: 245 mm disc, 2-piston caliper, with ABS as standard
- Instrumentation: Full-TFT colour display
Dimensions and Weight
- Dry weight: 180 kg (396.8 lb.)
- Wet weight (KERB): 207 kg (456.3 lb.)
- Seat height: 830 mm (32.7 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1509 mm (59.4 in.)
- Rake: 24.3 deg.
- Trail: 89 mm (3.5 in.)
- Fuel tank capacity: 17.5 L - (4.6 US gal.)
- Number of seats: Dual seat
- Standard Equipment: Riding modes,Power modes, DSP Ducati Safety Pack (ABS + DTC), RbW, seat cover
- Warranty: 24 months unlimited mileage
- Maintenance service intervals: 9,000m/12 Months
- Valve clearance check: 30.000km (18,000m)
Emissions and Consumption
- Standard: Euro 4
- Consumption: = 5.0 l/100 km - CO2 = 117 g/km
Technical data referring to power and torque was measured on an engine test stand at Ducati.
Weight data refers to the dry weight of the motorcycle without battery, lubricants and coolants for liquid-cooled models. Wet weights indicate total bike weight with all operating consumable liquids and a fuel tank filled to 90% of capacity (as per EC standard 93/93).