2019 BMW R nineT
The BMW R nine T.
Unmistakable. Original. Air-cooled.
Motorcycling is a sign of pure freedom: landscape, corners, straights, every mile counts. If this is the path you have chosen, the R nineT is the perfect companion and knows hardly any limits when it comes to your personal fulfillment thanks to its countless customization possibilities. The character of its air-cooled boxer engine, combined with its state-of-the-art technology, irresistibly propels you forward in a way that can be clearly felt with its full torque curve. Right from the start, the R nineT has enthralled, inspired and stimulated motorcycling enthusiasts around the world.
- Steering damper: The elegant conical connection of the steering damper is an homage to the engineering skill and a sign of the love of design at BMW Motorrad.
- Twin-cylinder boxer engine: Powerful and reliable: the heart of the R nineT. The boxer is more than just an engine - it is a statement, a lifestyle.
- Type plate: Who are you and where do you come from? The type plate of the R nineT reveals a lot more than just "Made in Berlin".
- Variable rear: Whether you are alone or traveling as a pair, with the variable rear, you define your R nineT's look in just a few short steps.
- ABS: BMW Motorrad quality, combined with the latest safety technology, assist in a carefree riding experience.
- Pure aluminum: Unpainted, raw, high-quality. Numerous parts made of brushed aluminum give the R nineT an unmistakable look.
- Seat supports: Forged from solid aluminum, the seat supports form the focal point between the tank, seat and engine.
- Fender bracket: The solid aluminum struts from one cast nestle against the front-wheel cover.
- Type: Air/oil-cooled 4-stroke flat twin engine with balance shaft, four valves per cylinder, double overhead camshaft, wet sump lubrication
- Bore x stroke: 101 mm x 73 mm
- Capacity: 1,170 cc
- Rated output: 110 hp (81 kW) at 7,750 rpm
- Max. torque: 86 lb-ft (116 Nm) at 6,000 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.0 : 1
- Mixture control / engine management: Electronic fuel injection
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, exhaust emission standards EU-4
- Maximum speed: Over 125 mph
- Fuel consumption: 44 mpg (WMTC)
- Fuel type: Premium Unleaded
- Alternator: Three-phase 720 W alternator
- Battery: 12 V / 14 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Single dry plate clutch, hydraulically operated
- Gearbox: Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical cut gears
- Drive: Shaft drive 2.91:1
- Frame: Four-part frame consisting of one front and three rear sections, load-bearing engine-gearbox unit, removable pillion frame for single rider use
- Front wheel location / suspension: Upside-down telescopic fork, Ø 46 mm
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Cast aluminum single-sided swing arm with BMW Paralever; central spring strut, spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) via handwheel, rebound damping adjustable
- Suspension travel front / rear: 4.7" / 4.7" (120 mm / 120 mm)
- Wheelbase: 58.5" (1,487 mm)
- Castor: 4.2" (107.9 mm)
- Steering head angle: 63.2°
- Wheels: Wire spoke wheels
- Rim, front: 3.50 x 17"
- Rim, rear: 5.50 x 17"
- Tires, front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Tires, rear: 180/55 ZR 17
- Brake, front: Dual floating disc brakes, 4-piston calipers, diameter 320 mm
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, diameter 265 mm, dual-piston floating caliper
- ABS: BMW Motorrad ABS
- Length: 83.1" (2,110 mm)
- Width (incl. mirrors): 35.5" (900 mm)
- Height (incl. mirrors): 48.8" (1,240 mm)
- Seat height, unladen weight: Standard Seat: 31.7", Custom Front Seat: 31.3"
- Inner leg curve, unladen weight: Standard Seat: 70.3", Custom Front Seat: 69.9"
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fueled: 489 lbs (222 kg)
- Permitted total weight: 948 lbs (430 kg)
- Payload (with standard equipment): 459 lbs (208 kg)
- Usable tank volume: 4.8 gal (18 l)
- Reserve: Approx. 0.8 gal (3 L)
- Adjustable Rear Suspension Spring Preload
- Adjustable Rear Shock Absorber Rebound
- Aluminum Fuel Tank
- Chrome Exhaust
- Disc Brakes
- LED Tail Light
- Modular Frame Concept
- Multifunction Display
- On-Board Computer
- Power Socket
- Smoked Grey Turn Signal Lenses
- Spoked Wheels
- Steering Damper
- Two Section Dual Seat
- Upside-Down Forks with Adjustable Compression/Rebound Damping
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke flat twin engine
- 1,170 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 101 mm x 73 mm
- Compression Ratio
- 12.0 : 1
- Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical cut gears
- Final Drive
- Shaft drive 2.91:1
- Front Suspension
- Upside-down telescopic fork, Ø 46 mm
- Rear Suspension
- Cast aluminum single-sided swing arm with BMW Paralever; central spring strut, spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) via handwheel, rebound damping adjustable
- Front Brakes
- Dual floating disc brakes, 4-piston calipers, diameter 320 mm
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc brake, diameter 265 mm, dual-piston floating caliper
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire
- 180/55 ZR 17
- 58.5 in. (1,487 mm)
- Seat Height
- Standard Seat: 31.7 in., Custom Front Seat: 31.3 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.8 gal. (18 L)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 489 lb. (222 kg)
- Option 719 Mars Red Metallic Matte/Cosmic Blue Metallic Matte