2019 BMW R 1250 GS
Call for Price
THE NEW BMW R 1250 GS.
WITH EVEN MORE DRIVE FOR ADVENTURE.
The new BMW R 1250 GS: concentrated performance meets impressive efficiency. With the new BMW R 1250 GS you will experience the new Boxer even more directly. An increase in engine displacement brings you even more performance - pumping out 136 hp and 105 lb-ft of torque. BMW ShiftCam variable camshaft control system ensures consistent power delivery - throughout the entire power band. Whether in the city, on the motorway, or off road, every mile gives you more freedom and riding pleasure. New styles and colors, numerous technical details, and exciting individualization options combine to bring you the new BMW R 1250 GS.
- Connectivity with high-resolution color display in series: Connect your smartphone to your bike via Bluetooth. The 6.5-inch TFT display provides extensive information about your motorcycle and offers additional features such as navigation, music, and connectivity via your
- Next-Gen Dynamic ESA: Available Next-Gen Dynamic ESA ensures more stable and therefore even safer ride characteristics. The system automatically regulates the damping and spring preload of the struts depending on riding conditions and
- Ride Modes Pro as an option with new features: Ride Modes Pro adds ABS Pro, Enduro ABS, DTC, Dynamic Mode, Dynamic, Pro Mode, Enduro Mode, and Enduro Pro Mode as well as these additional new features: Hill Start Control Pro with selectable automatic brake activation on hills and Dynamic Brake Control.
- Even more expressive: The Exclusive Style Package combines Black Storm Metallic with Night Black Matte paint. A black powertrain and handlebars, grey frame and gold colored brake calipers round off the stylish appearance.
- BMW ShiftCam: The ShiftCam lettering: a clear indication of the new Boxer engine with variable camshaft control.
- Gear Shift Assist Pro: Gear Shift Assist Pro is a feature known and loved by racers, allowing riders to upshift and downshift without pulling the clutch lever. This means that you always have the handlebars firmly in your grip while reducing shift time and decreasing the impact of the load change on the rear wheel.
- Improved off-road capability: The HP Style Package includes front-wheel cover extension, radiator protection, frame protection, gold cross spoke wheels, rally seat, and rally windshield - as well as BMW Motorsport colors.
- Seat options: A variety of seat options make riding enjoyable for riders of various heights, and the available comfort seat ensures you the long road ahead will be enjoyable, whatever the terrain.
- Type: Air/liquid-cooled 4-stroke flat twin engine, double overhead camshaft, one balance shaft and variable engine timing system BMW ShiftCam.
- Bore x stroke: 102.5 mm x 76 mm
- Capacity: 1,254 cc
- Rated output: 136 hp (100 kW) at 7,750 rpm
- Max. torque: 105 lb-ft (143 Nm) at 6,500 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.5 : 1
- Mixture control / engine management: Electronic fuel injection with ride-by-wire throttle system
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-4
- Maximum speed: Over 125 mph
- Fuel consumption: 50 mpg (WMTC)
- Fuel type: Premium Unleaded
- Alternator: Three-phase 510 W generator
- Battery: 12 V / 11.8 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Multiplate wet clutch, hydraulically operated
- Gearbox: Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical cut gears
- Drive: Shaft drive
- Frame: Two section frame, front - and bolted on rear frame, load bearing engine
- Front wheel location / suspension: BMW Telelever, Ø 37 mm, central spring strut
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Cast aluminum single-sided swing arm with BMW Paralever; WAD strut (travel-related damping), spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) via handwheel, rebound damping adjustable via handwheel
- Suspension travel front / rear: 7.5" / 7.9" (190 mm / 200 mm)
- Wheelbase: 60" (1,525 mm)
- Castor: 3.9" (99.6 mm)
- Steering head angle: 64.5°
- Wheels: Cast aluminum wheels
- Rim, front: 3.00 x 19"
- Rim, rear: 4.50 x 17"
- Tires, front: 120/70 R 19
- Tires, rear: 170/60 R 17
- Brake, front: Dual floating disc brakes, 4-piston fixed calipers, diameter 305 mm
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, diameter 276 mm, dual-piston floating caliper
- ABS: BMW Motorrad Integral ABS (part-integral, can be switched off)
- Length: 86.9" (2,207 mm)
- Width (incl. mirrors): 37.5" (953 mm)
- Height (excl. mirrors): 56.3" (1,430 mm)
- Seat height, unladen weight: Standard Suspension: 33.5"/34.3" Lowered Suspension: 31.5"/32.3"
- Inner leg curve, unladen weight: Standard Seat Height: 73.6"/75.2" Lowered Seat Height: 68.9"/70.5"
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled: 549 lbs (249 kg)
- Permitted total weight: 1,025 lbs (465 kg)
- Payload (with standard equipment): 476 lbs (216 kg)
- Usable tank volume: 5.3 gal (20 L)
- Reserve: Approx. 1 gal (4 L)
- High Comfort Seat: 33.5"/34.3"
- Black Comfort Seat: 32.3"/33.1"
- 2 Ride Modes (Rain/Road)
- Adjustable Windshield
- ABS (Disengageable)
- Cast Aluminum Wheels
- ASC (Automatic Stability Control)
- Connectivity with TFT Display
- Center Stand
- Engine Skid Plate
- Height Adjustable Rider Seat
- LED Headlight Style Element
- Hill Start Control
- LED Tail Light
- LED Headlight
- Longitudinally Adjustable Passenger Seat
- On-Board Computer Pro
- Removable Passenger Foot Pegs
- Power Socket
- Steering Damper
- ShiftCam (Variable Camshaft Control)
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke flat twin engine
- 1,254 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 102.5 mm x 76 mm
- Compression Ratio
- 12.5 : 1
- Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical cut gears
- Final Drive
- Shaft drive
- Front Suspension
- BMW Telelever, Ø 37 mm, central spring strut
- Rear Suspension
- Cast aluminum single-sided swing arm with BMW Paralever; WAD strut (travel-related damping), spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) via handwheel, rebound damping adjustable via handwheel
- Front Brakes
- Dual floating disc brakes, 4-piston fixed calipers, diameter 305 mm
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc brake, diameter 276 mm, dual-piston floating caliper
- Front Tire
- 120/70 R 19
- Rear Tire
- 170/60 R 17
- 60 in. (1,525 mm)
- Seat Height
- Standard Suspension: 33.5 in./34.3 in. Lowered Suspension: 31.5 in./32.3 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.3 gal. (20 L)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 549 lb. (249 kg)