2018 Triumph TIGER 1200XCX
Stock Image: Crystal White
There’s a world of adventure out there, and the amazing Tiger 1200 XCx will take you there in style with a major step up in off-road set-up.
Significant engine upgrades, new technology, ergonomics and a weight saving of 5kg add up to a Tiger built to take on every adventure with total confidence.
Radically better off road you’ll immediately benefit from the all-new ‘Off-Road Pro’ riding mode, which is designed to turn off ABS and traction control for maximum off-road fun. All this comes on top of advanced core technology, including Triumph Semi-Active Suspension, optimised cornering ABS, and traction control, making the XCx a truly epic adventure bike.
- Lighter by 5kg: The XCx weighs in at 5kg lighter than its predecessor, significantly improving its handling and maneuverability. This has been achieved through over 100 enhancements across the whole motorcycle including lighter flywheel, crankshaft, exhaust silencer, engine bars and battery.
- More powerful and responsive engine: The thrilling new generation, Tiger 1200 XCx engine delivers more peak power 141PS (at 9,350rpm) and maximum torque of 122Nm (at 7,600rpm), for a more immediate power delivery and feel, and even better all-day, smooth & reliable road and off-road riding.
- New lighter exhaust: The new shorter and lighter exhaust delivers a notably more thrilling Tiger Triple soundtrack.
- Type: Liquid-cooled, 12 valve, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
- Capacity: 1,215 cc (74.1 cu in.)
- Compression: 11.0:1
- Max Power EC: 141 hp (104 kW) @ 9,350 rpm
- Max Torque EC: 90 ft. lb. (122 Nm) @ 7,600 rpm
- System: Ride by Wire, fuel injection
- Exhaust: Stainless steel 3 into 1 header system, side mounted stainless steel silencer
- Final drive: Shaft drive
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate hydraulically operated, torque assist
- Gearbox: 6-speed
- Frame: Tubular steel trellis frame
- Swingarm: Single-sided, cast aluminium alloy with shaft drive
- Front Wheels: 32 spoke, aluminium rim, for tubeless tyres 19 x 3.0 in.
- Rear Wheels: 32 spoke, aluminium rim, for tubeless tyres 17 x 4.5 in.
- Front Tires: 120/70 R19
- Rear Tires: 170/60 R17
- Front Suspension: WP 1.89 in. (48 mm) upside down forks, electronically adjustable damping, 7.48 in. (190 mm) travel
- Rear Suspension: WP monoshock, electronically adjustable semi active damping with automatic preload adjustment, 7.6 in. (193 mm) wheel travel
- Brakes Front: Twin 12 in. (305 mm) floating discs, radially mounted monobloc Brembo 4-piston calipers, switchable ABS
- Brakes Rear: Single 11.1 in. (282 mm) disc, Nissin 2-piston sliding caliper, switchable ABS
- Instrument Display and Functions: TFT multifunctional instrument pack with digital speedometer, trip computer, digital tachometer, gear position indicator, fuel gage, service indicator, ambient temperature, clock and six rider modes (Road/Offroad/Off-Road Pro/Sport/Track/Rider-Customisable).
- Width Handlebars: 32.68 in. (830 mm)
- Height Without Mirror: 57.87 in. (1,470 mm)
- Seat Height: 0.08 - 0.12 in. (835 - 855 mm)
- Wheelbase: 59.84 in. (1,520 mm)
- Rake: 23.2 deg.
- Trail: 3.93 in. (99.9 mm)
- Dry Weight: 248 kg
- Tank Capacity: 20 L
- 5KG lighter than previous model
- Significantly upgraded 1215cc triple engine
- Lighter weight silencer
- New ‘Off Road Pro’ riding mode
- New stylish all-black spoked wheels
- Full colour 5” TFT display instruments
- Ergonomically backlit switchcubes and 5 way joystick
- All LED lighting including signature daytime running lights (DRL)
- Keyless ignition
- 5 riding modes: Off road pro, road, rain, off road and sport
- Cruise control
- Triumph Semi Active Suspension (TSAS)
- Premium Adjustable WP front and rear suspension
- Brembo monobloc front brake calipers
- Optimised cornering ABS
- Optimised cornering traction control
- Engine protection bars
- Torque assist hydraulic clutch
- Unique-in-class electrically adjustable screen
- 2 position Adjustable seat height
- Centre stand
- On Board computer
- 12V & USB Power Sockets
- Engine Type
- 12 valve, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
- 1,215 cc (74.1 cu in.)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Ride by Wire, fuel injection
- Final Drive
- Shaft drive
- Front Suspension
- WP 1.89 in. (48 mm) upside down forks, electronically adjustable damping, 7.48 in. (190 mm) travel
- Rear Suspension
- WP monoshock, electronically adjustable semi active damping with automatic preload adjustment, 7.6 in. (193 mm) wheel travel
- Front Brakes
- Twin 12 in. (305 mm) floating discs, radially mounted monobloc Brembo 4-piston calipers, switchable ABS
- Rear Brakes
- Single 11.1 in. (282 mm) disc, Nissin 2-piston sliding caliper, switchable ABS
- Front Tire
- 120/70 R19
- Rear Tire
- 170/60 R17
- 59.84 in. (1,520 mm)
- Seat Height
- 0.08 - 0.12 in. (835 - 855 mm)
- 23.2 deg.
- 3.93 in. (99.9 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 20 L
- Dry Weight
- 248 kg
- Crystal White, Matt Khaki Green