The unmistakable Monster design is truly iconic and means there is no limit to your enjoyment.
The "Performance package" boosts the Testastretta 11° DS engine to 145 CV and makes the power easy to handle thanks to race-derived Brembo brakes and the fundamental Öhlins suspension. The carbon front mudguard and the machined rims with their light, aggressive design are the signature of every "S" version. Let yourself be guided by your Monster instinct.
- Type: Testastretta 11° L-Twin, 4 Desmodromically actuated valves per cylinder, liquid cooled
- Displacement: 1198.4cc
- Bore x Stroke: 106 x 67.9mm
- Compression ratio: 12.5:1
- Power: 106.6 kW (145 hp) @ 8,750 rpm
- Torque: 124.5 Nm (91.8 lb-ft) @ 7,250 rpm
- Fuel injection: Electronic fuel injection system, 53mm throttle bodies with full Ride by Wire
- Exhaust: Lightweight 2-1-2 system with catalytic converter and two lambda probes. Twin aluminium mufflers
- Gearbox: 6 speed
- Primary drive: Straight cut gears, ratio 1.84:1
- Ratio: 1=37/15 2=30/17 3=27/20 4=24/22 5=23/24 6=22/25
- Final drive: Front sprocket 15; Rear sprocket 41
- Clutch: Light action, wet, multiplate clutch with hydraulic control. Self-servo action on drive, slipper action on over-run.
- Frame: Tubular steel Trellis frame attached to the cylinders head
- Front suspension: Ohlins fully adjustable 48mm usd forks
- Front wheel: Y shaped, 3-spoke in light alloy 3.50 x 17
- Front Tyre: 120/70 ZR 17 Pirelli Diablo Rosso II
- Rear suspension: Progressive linkage with fully adjustable Ohlins monoshock. Aluminium single-sided swingarm
- Rear wheel: Y-shaped 3-spoke in light alloy 6.00 x 17
- Rear tyre: 190/55 ZR17 Pirelli Diablo Rosso II
- Front wheel travel: 130mm (5.1 in.)
- Rear wheel travel: 152mm (5.9 in.)
- Front brake: 2 x 330mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Monobloc Brembo evo M50 4-piston callipers, radial pump with ABS as standard equipment
- Rear brake: 245mm disc, 2-piston floating calliper with ABS as standard equipment
- Instrumentation: Colour TFT display
Dimensions and Weight
- Dry weight: 182 kg (401 lb.)
- Wet weight (KERB): 209 kg (461 lb.)
- Seat height: Adjustable 785 - 810 mm (30.9 - 31.9)
- Wheelbase: 1511mm (59.5 in.)
- Rake: 24.3 deg.
- Trail: 93.2mm (3.7 in.)
- Fuel tank capacity: 17.5l - (4.6 US gal.)
- Number of seats: Dual seat
- Standard Equipment: Riding modes, Power modes, DSP Ducati Safety Pack (ABS + DTC), RbW, Performance Package, passenger handles and seat cover, ready for anti-theft system and DDA
- Warranty: 24 months unlimited mileage
- Maintenance service intervals: 15.000km (9.000m)/12 Months
- Valve clearance check: 30.000km (18,000m)
Emissions and Consumption
Technical data referring to power and torque was measured on an engine test stand at Ducati.
Weight data refers to the dry weight of the motorcycle without battery, lubricants and coolants for liquid-cooled models. Wet weights indicate total bike weight with all operating consumable liquids and a fuel tank filled to 90% of capacity (as per EC standard 93/93).