2012 Honda CBR 250R ABS
2012 Honda CBR250R ABS Red White Blue Two Brothers
HID Headlight, Two Brothers Carbon Fiber Exhaust, and fender eliminator
It Knows How To Have Fun
Do smart and fun fall into your equation for the ideal vehicle? If so, the 2012 CBR250R is the perfect bike for you.
The CBR250R serves up everything first-time and long-time riders look for in a bike: Lightweight. Excellent fuel economy. Solid build quality. A user-friendly powerband. And a cool factor that can’t be beat.
Plus, since it’s a Honda, the CBR250R is loaded with features few other bike companies can match, including our renowned reliability.
But perhaps the best news is that there’s more than one version to choose from: the CBR250R, and the CBR250R ABS with our Anti-lock Brake System—a first for the segment and a truly valuable option that riders of all experience levels can enjoy.
Easy Rider: Since it’s a single-cylinder machine, the new CBR250R is narrow. Add that to a low 30.5-inch seat height and light 359-pound curb weight, and the CBR250R is as easy to handle on the curves as it is at a stoplight.
Super Powers: We equipped the CBR250R with a fuel-injected single-cylinder engine, with double-overhead cams and a counterbalancer. Why? Because when you put it all together, you end up with a bike that delivers consistent power, mid-range torque and loads of confidence.
- Single-Cylinder Engine: A single is the perfect choice for a bike like the CBR250R. It's light, simple, returns excellent fuel economy, and features a broad powerband with plenty of low-revving torque–just what you want in a first motorcycle.
- Fuel Injection: Fuel injection means the new CBR250R starts right up, even in cold weather. Compared to a carbureted bike, it also helps reduce emissions and enhance performance and fuel economy.
- Counterbalance Shaft: Because it features a counterbalancer, the CBR250R engine is a smooth runner. You get the narrow overall width and power advantages of a single along with the smoothness of a multi-cylinder bike.
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension: The CBR250R uses a single-shock pre-load adjustable rear suspension that not only gives you a smooth ride, but helps enhance handling as well, just as on some of our larger sport models.
- Disc Brakes: The new CBR250R features front and rear hydraulic discs for excellent stopping power and brake feel. The single front disc helps keep things simple and lowers unsprung weight, too.
- Analog/Digital Instrumentation: The CBR250R's digital gauges with analog tachometer provides vital riding information in a styled, hi-tech instrumentation package.
- Low Seat Height: A low 30.5" seat height does more than help make sure the CBR250R fits a wide range of riders. It makes it easier to put your feet down at stoplights and in parking lots–a big confidence builder.
- Passenger Ready: A separate passenger seat, integrated grab rail, and standard passenger footpegs mean you can take a friend along when you go riding–another example of the CBR250R's versatility.
- Underseat Storage: Removing the rear passenger seat provides a lockable area to throw a map, gloves, or a spare set of sunglasses.
- Layered Style Fairing: Take a close look at the CBR250R's unique bodywork, which is designed for style and functionality. It routes airflow for both engine cooling and rider comfort, while creating a unique sportbike style.
- Engine Type: 249.4 cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 76 mm x 55 mm
- Induction: PGM-Fi, 38 mm throttle body
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Front Suspension: 37 mm fork; 4.65 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link single shock with five positions of spring preload adjustability; 4.07 in. travel
- Front Brake: Single 296 mm disc
- Rear Brake: Single 220 mm disc
- Front Tire: 110/70-17 radial
- Rear Tire: 140/70-17 radial
- Rake: 25.0 deg.
- Trail: 98.6 mm (3.9 in.)
- Wheelbase: 53.9 in.
- Seat Height: 30.5 in.
- Curb Weight: 357 lb.. Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride.
- Fuel Capacity: 3.4 gal.
- Miles Per Gallon: 77 MPG - Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
- Model Id: CBR250R
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Metallic Black, Red/Silver, White/Pearl Blue/Red
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder four-stroke DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- 249.4 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 76 mm x 55 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-Fi, 38 mm throttle body
- Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Front Suspension
- 37 mm fork; 4.65 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link single shock with five positions of spring preload adjustability; 4.07 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Single 296 mm disc
- Rear Brakes
- Single 220 mm disc
- Front Tire
- 110/70-17 radial
- Rear Tire
- 140/70-17 radial
- 53.9 in.
- Seat Height
- 30.5 in.
- 25.0 deg.
- 3.9 in. (98.6 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.4 gal.
- 77 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 357 lb.
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Analog
- Standard: Digital
- Metallic Black, Red/Silver, White/Pearl Blue/Red